Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ssion


Every once in a while I go through the notepad on my Blackberry and find names of bands or albums that I heard and notated at some point. A couple of months ago I found the word Ssion. When I googled the word, I found it was a band from Kansas City and I went on to listen to what has become one of my favorite albums in a long time: Fool's Gold (it's available on iTunes which is the only way I buy music). I know...it came out over a year ago. But it's new to me and is my current summer anthem album. It's so gay. I love it.
I hear they're really good in concert, and they're touring with Fischerspooner this summer.
Anyway, needless to say, I'm obsessed. So if you don't know them, have a look-see/listen.

My friend David (no, not that David) turned me on to their videos which are equally amazing.

Here's one of my favorite songs which is the last song on the album Fool's Gold (how often do you get to the last song on an album and LOVE it as much as the rest of the album? Not that often). It's called Heaven:



Also check out their cover of Nightclubbing:



And, of course, Street Jizz, please listen to the words! Hilarious!



I'm dying to see them. I can't figure out if they're coming to New York again soon. If anyone knows, tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment