Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Iris Strubegger


I first remember noticing Iris when she opened the Spring/Summer 2008 Dries Van Noten show. That was almost two years ago now. But this year she got her hair cut.
I know, a million people have written about her. There's even an article about her and her new haircut in the new American Vogue. So I'm totally late to jump on the Iris bandwagon but I've been thinking more about what I like about women's fashion lately and I've been trying to find a model for a shoot I'm about to do for a really cool Spanish magazine and I decided that the perfect model for that shoot was Iris. I guess I was living in la-la land that her agency would let her do a shoot for an indie Spanish magazine. She's already done the cover of March French Vogue and is in the Fall/Winter Givenchy campaign, both shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott and now the entire main collections story in July American Vogue shot by David Sims, with just Karlie Kloss and her in it. (Sidenote: I think American Vogue is looking pretty great lately, am I crazy?)




I really want to get her in a shoot of my own soon. That certain Bowie-esque androgyny with a touch of Weimar-era beauty channeled through the 80s. Unbelievable. I don't know what else to say except that she may be my favorite model since Linda Evangelista.

Here are some more images of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment